Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Rotary Habitat Group Build - May 5, 2012
Saturday, May 5, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (PDT)
Daly City, CA
Rotary Build Day for Habitat
Habitat for Humanity
Daly City, CA
Habitat for Humanity of Greater San Francisco is currently building a 36 unit condominium complex in Daly City, the largest Habitat development for our region to date.
No construction experience necessary, just a desire to work hard and swing a hammer.
Thank you for supporting Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco!
Volunteers must be 16 years old.
This opportunity is sponsored by: Habitat For Humanity Greater San Francisco and South San Francisco Rotary.
7555 Mission Street
Daly City, CA 94014
Nearest Metro/Subway Stop: Colma BART - 5 Minute Walk
Web Site: http://www.habitatgsf.org
The Rotary Build Day Registration will include a Cinco de Mayo Mexican Buffet Lunch of beef, chicken and vegetarian items (enchiladas, tamales, etc), rice, beans, salad, tortilla chips, salsa and soda.
- The build day is a full day from 8:30am-4:15pm with a 45 minute break for lunch
- For safety reasons, volunteers will not be allowed on site if they arrive after 9am
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting ruined
- Bring a snack and a water bottle
- Every volunteer must download and bring the completed waiver
- Please make sure that everyone lists the Rotary on the waiver so Habitat can credit the correct organization
When & Where
South San Francisco Rotary Club
Founded in 1951, the SSF Rotary Club has worked hard to support its city and residents through the Rotary promise of Service Before Self.
Rotarians are business and professional leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community that the club serves.
Membership in a Rotary club offers a number of benefits, including:
· Effecting positive change within the community
· Developing leadership skills
· Gaining and understanding -- and having an impact on -- international humanitarian issues
· Developing relationships with community and business leaders
Currently, our club meets at the Basque Cultural Center Restaurant each Thursday for lunch at 12:15 PM. The Basque Cultural Center is located at 599 Railroad Ave., South San Francisco, CA 94080